Thursday, March 17, 2011

Small Parts Drawers

Recently, I set up a workspace in the garage where my husband has his small engine repair business. My dad gave me a workbench he wasn't using anymore, a chair, and a file cabinet. He also gave us a drawer unit that he used to have on his workbench at home. It is wood, with six little drawers. Each drawer is actually an antique cheese box. Of course then ends are painted, so I don't think they are very valuable anymore. But the unit as a whole has sentimental value for me since I remember it being on his workbench when I was growing up. I now use it for various sizes of spark plugs for my husband's business.





Not long ago, my dad said he was given some scrap wood, and that he was making me another parts cabinet with little drawers similar to the cheese box drawers. Then last Sunday he presented me the drawer unit. It is a work of art! I have since added wood knobs as drawer pulls, and put polyurethane on the whole thing. I plan to take it to the Studio to store craft supplies. It can be appreciated there as a work of art and not just a storage piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment